Lucky Break is hiring! ISO a Skilled Graphic Designer
We’re on the hunt for our newest teammate: a graphic designer with excellent communication skills, a killer work ethic, and a mastery of design software. Sound like you? If so, we hope you’ll read on!
This is a remote, part-time position open to those in within the United States, averaging 3-4 hours per week. You’ll be working from the comfort of your living room, communicating a few times per week via email + Slack (and occasionally by phone) with other members of the Lucky Break team.
You’ll need to have access to Adobe Creative Cloud software including: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro.
HERE’S WHAT YOUR WORK WILL LOOK LIKE…
You’ll need to have a very strong working knowledge of Adobe InDesign for editing and creating the following types of assets:
- Workbooks, worksheets, and linked resource lists (including applying and editing headers and footers using Master pages), including exporting to PDF
- Downloadable documents and e-books, including an understanding of saving optimized PDF files for web
- Web-based graphics, such as promotional and social media graphics
- Printed marketing collateral, signage, and print-ready documents (ex. the ability to design for proper bleeds, margins, and other press requirements)
- Creating and editing tables within InDesign to create custom order forms or worksheets
We’re looking for a strong understanding of Adobe Acrobat Pro, including:
- Creating fillable PDF forms from PDF documents
- Editing and organizing pages
- Creating PDFs from multiple documents
Must have a strong understanding of Adobe Illustrator.
Must have a strong working knowledge of Photoshop, including:
- Designing webpage mockups for a developer
- Working in organized layers and groups
- Exporting optimized images for web use
You’ll need have a strong understanding of how Dropbox works and the ability to turn work around within a 48-hour timeframe Monday through Friday. This company is very deadline-driven and we perpetually have a good number of balls in the air, so strong organization skills, a solid work ethic, and exceptional communication skills are a “must!”
This position is a 1099 (independent contractor). You’ll need to sign a confidentiality agreement, but we anticipate that you’ll continue working for yourself (or another agency) since this is a part-time position. We welcome that!
SOUND LIKE A GOOD FIT?
Oh sugar, we can’t wait to connect with you! Please dispatch an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: NEW DESIGNER. Please show us where we can explore your work online and and answer the following questions…
- How did you discover Lucky Break?
- What are you most excited about with regard to this opportunity?
- Have you previously worked in a remote position without local support? If so, how did that go?
- Have you ever owned your own business?
- What did six-year-old-you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s your expected hourly rate of pay?
Applications are open through November 20, 2018. Please, no phone calls. We’ll be in touch if it feels like a good fit for us, too. Know someone who might be a good fit? Fee free to share this post with friends + in FB groups!