Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are a set of a parameters designed by the FDA as a part of their regulatory responsibility to safeguard public health by ensuring that the cosmetics and personal care products consumed within the U.S. are of a high quality. While the federal government isn’t in the practice of designing the actual production systems, they do address the end results.
The good news? The FDA isn’t going to tell you precisely how to fill a bottle of lotion/ jar of eye shadow/ bottle of nail polish without contaminating it, though they do mandate that your lotion/ eye shadow/ nail polish meet a very specific set of criteria before you can release them into the marketplace.
The bad news? There’s no government-issued handbook that details precisely how GMP manufacturing should be performed for micromanufacturers operating from their homes or small commercial workshops. Essentially, the FDA says “You’re on your own kid, but you’d better get this right.”
Over the past decade, I’ve developed a detailed the path to compliance, designed especially for independent cosmetic and personal care manufacturers. I first developed this system for my own apothecary brand, but I’m doing-cartwheels-excited to share my methodology with other beauty brands on the move.
This class series simplifies each regulation and teaches, in words and pictures, how even the smallest of companies can be fully compliant. It’s the same system I’ve used to sell millions of dollars of my beauty products in all 50 states and through distributorships in the European Union, Scandinavia, the Middle East, South Africa and Asia. This is the only program of its kind, detailing precisely how to tailor complex federal regulations to fit your budget, your space, and your sanity.
Ready to grow your beauty brand? GMP is the ticket to scale-able systems, sustainable growth and product quality that’s the envy of your peers. Through my GMP class, you’ll…
- Sleep better at night, knowing you’re compliant with established federal regulations.
- Be poised grow your company by laying the foundation necessary to scale.
- Help limit your company’s future legal liabilities.
- Boost your brand’s competitive edge in the increasingly crowded indie beauty marketplace.
- Improve the efficiency of your production process.
- Protect your customers by ensuring your products enjoy complete trace-ability + are safe for release.
- Sell with more confidence and open the door to new markets.
Through this class, I walk a savvy group of soap and beauty mavens through a series of curriculum videos which explore:
- How being GMP will compliant boost your competitive edge and position your company for growth.
- The exact criteria FDA inspectors are examining when inspecting a facility.
- A 12-month road map for full GMP implementation, so you can tackle the project bite-by-bite.
- Strategies for making your workshop GMP compliant (Yes, even if it’s in your house!).
- 98 behind-the-scenes photos from my the manufacturing space and processes from my own brand, illustrating practical GMP protocols implemented on a shoestring budget.
- How Standard Operating Procedures improve batch consistency and help scale production (plus: how to write them).
- How to design and complete thoughtful Batch Records.
- My system for creating complete trace-ability of every ingredient in each product that you create.
- How to develop your own in-house microbial testing procedure to ensure products are free from mold, fungus, yeast and bacteria before release to the public.
- Templates that take the guesswork out of implementing procedures and protocols. It’s the closest I can get to writing them for you!
I’ve spent thousands of hours developing and articulating this proprietary system, so you don’t have to. I’ve done the thinking, laid the foundation, and built the framework, empowering you to be up and running in record time.
With hundreds of graduates, this class is the only one of its kind, custom-tailored to micro-manufacturers and built from direct knowledge of how to distill complicated systems down to their essence. The curriculum is richly illustrated, thoroughly vetted, and deliciously actionable.
This class series includes everything you’ll need to implement GMP. And when I say “everything,” I mean everything. I’m with you every step of the way…
- Enjoy 8+ hours of meticulously-developed curriculum. We’re walking through GMP from A to Z!
- I’ll share my shopping list for supplies, my label templates and every last scrap of paperwork associated with my GMP system. I’ll provide edit-able templates so you don’t waste time reinventing paperwork, and I’ll also slip completed forms into your hands so you have tangible examples of GMP in action. There are more than 35 handouts and “done for you” templates in total.
- I’ll tuck the presentations and handouts from the class series into your personalized Lucky Break Virtual Classroom, so you’ll have access to them 24/7, forever.
Want to take your GMP program to the next level? Add a Private Strategy Session with me and we’ll spend a power house of an hour together, fine-tuning your documents, answering your questions and getting your GMP program in tip top shape.
Join me virtually from anywhere in the world! I’ll slide the curriculum right into your hands the moment you reserve the class. You’ll enjoy immediate access to every hour of curriculum, every handout, and the recording of commonly asked questions and answers from the live class run.