BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO YOUR WHOLESALE PROGRAM+
If you’ve gotten your feet wet in wholesale, but are looking to kick things up a notch (or three) then this celebrated class will arm you with the tools, strategy, and support you need to level up in a big way.
This curriculum has helped hundreds of product-based brand owners unlock new possibilities when selling to shops. Together, we walk step-by-step through the art of pitching your work without seeming intrusive or sleazy. We navigate the often-mystifying mazes of trade show planning and execution. We explore how to make your brand more attractive to manufacturer’s rep groups and how to onboard sales reps and tee them up for successful relationships.
This self-paced curriculum is easy-to-follow, decidedly rich, and- most importantly- actionable. It layers beautifully on top of the LBU: Foundations curriculum which covers Modules 1-3 of my acclaimed LBU “how to wholesale” program.
ENJOY THE SAME CURRICULUM THAT'S HELPED 450+ BRANDS CONQUER WHOLESALE+
Over the decade I spent building my own brand, I landed my apothecary products on the shelves of more than 1,500 shops and spas worldwide, from Los Angeles to Dubai and New York to Nairobi. The journey hasn’t always been easy, but it’s absolutely been worth it.
Since 2012, I’ve had the pleasure of coaching more than 450 creative brands through LBU Live, my eight-week, how-to-wholesale program for makers and product designers. Each semester sold out within days, the program often had a waiting list, and brand owners waited up to four months after enrolling before we kicked off the live program.
I’ve been honored to join stationers, apothecary and beauty brands, jewelers, ceramicists, apparel and accessory designers, chandlers and even a cupcake baker on their entrepreneurial journeys. Thanks to LBU, they’ve stepped more fully into their business’s potential by conquering the B2B model and landing their products on the shelves of retail shops worldwide. Now you can access those same resources to build a powerful wholesale program that will make buyers weak in the knees… and you can do it on your own schedule via LBU On Demand.
MODULE 4: THE ART OF WOO'ING WHOLESALE BUYERS+
Are you intimidated by the thought of approaching wholesale buyers?
Do you wish you knew what to say, what questions they’d ask and how to answer with confidence?
What’s the etiquette involved with wholesale buyer outreach, anyway? Are you supposed to call? Email? Stop by? Send them something in the mail?
When a buyer reaches out to you, what you you do next? Should you send samples?
Once a buyer orders from you, how do you keep them happy and coming back for more?
Through a series of video workshops totaling just under 3 hours, you’ll understand precisely how to pitch via email, postcard and in person in a way that will capture a buyer’s attention – and their order.
Dive into the video curriculum of LBU Module 4, complete the assignments and you’ll an understanding of how (and how not) to pitch via email, phone, and postcard. You’ll also discover several of my tried and true methods to keep a stockiest happy and coming back for more.
In this module, you’ll discover…
- How to know when you’re ready to start introducing your work to buyers.
- The 4 keys to successful pitching.
- The pro’s and con’s of pitching via email and phone.
- How to format an email pitch that gets attention.
- How to ring a buyer without torpedoing your chances.
- The pro’s and con’s of pitching in-person, and via postcard.
- How to pitch in person without being an intrusive PITA.
- Five ideal opportunities for postcard mailings.
- How to design a postcard that captures attention.
- Tips for keeping postcard costs under control.
- My strategies for keeping stockists happy (and ordering!).
- How to pack a shipment like a total pro.
- How to structure “one time exchanges” and exclusive product offers.
- What a shelftalker is and how to design them for maximum efficacy.
- How to design wholesale bundles to simplify ordering.
Wishing you could hear directly from a retail buyer? I’m introducing you to Jessie White of Youngblood Boutique. She’s sharing her process for scouting new work and tells us how brand owners can rise above the market noise to capture buyer attention.
MODULE 5: EXPANDING YOUR REACH WITH SALES REPS+
Do you love creating but loathe selling?
Wish you could pass the baton to people who were excited about promoting your products?
Are you struggling to connect with qualified sales reps who can help secure market traction for your brand?
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could create multiple competitive advantages which help you run circles around other creative brands?
Do you know how many collections to launch each year, and when to launch them, to keep your wholesale buyers and sales reps interested in your line?
Through a series of video workshops totaling 2 hours, you’ll understand the value of sales reps and just what you need to be sure of before you dive into bed with one.
Dive into the video curriculum of LBU Module 5, complete the assignments and you’ll emerge with the know-how to pour gasoline all over your wholesale program with the addition of sales reps. You’ll discover how to build upon the strong foundation laid in LBU Modules 1-4 to amplify your efforts and get your brand to the next level.
In this module, you’ll discover…
- What a sales rep is and how they can help grow your business.
- How reps are paid (and how they affect your profitability).
- The pros and cons of bringing on sales reps versus hiring in-house sales people.
- Five strategies for connecting with potential sales reps.
- The pros and cons of independent reps versus rep groups.
- How to impress the sh*t out of reps you want to sign.
- Eighteen (18!) questions you should ask a rep before signing them.
- How to conduct due diligence on a rep before signing the contract.
- Four sales rep secrets other people won’t tell you (hint: they’ll help you understand + manage the relationship!).
- How many new collections you need to launch each year to keep the rapt attention of reps and wholesale buyers.
- Tips for building momentum and buzz around those launches.
- When buyers are scouting new merchandise for your specific product category.
If you’d love to hear from a sales rep directly, then I have just the gal for you. Cherilyn Swanson has enjoyed a seat at virtually every spot at the table: she’s been a shopowner who bought for her own boutique, an inside sales rep for a beauty brand, and now she’s a rep for two prominent rep groups. We’re fortunate to have such a “360 degree view” of sales reps.
MODULE 6: MASTERING THE TRADE SHOW+
Are you preparing for your first trade show, but lost on how to make the most of the opportunity?
Do you have a friend or fellow entrepreneur with a trade-show-disaster story that has you shaking in your boots?
Worse yet: are you nursing a trade show hangover after a less-than-successful show?
Sorry, sweets… I know how demoralizing that can be, but I do have some important trade show strategies that could turn that ship around!
Dive into the video curriculum of LBU Module 6, complete the assignments and you’ll emerge with the knowledge and tools you need to make your trade show participation more effective and more strategic. You’ll understand how to maximize trade show opportunities so you can save the vodka for celebrating, rather than drowning your post-show sorrows.
In this module, you’ll discover…
- What a trade show is and how they can help grow your wholesale business.
- How to determine if you’re ready to exhibit at a trade show.
- Strategies for identifying “good fit” trade shows.
- How to build a realistic trade show budget.
- Tips and tricks for saving money when exhibiting at trade shows.
- How and when to make big decisions about your booth and trade show strategy.
- Strategies for building buzz before the trade show.
- Tips for getting the foot traffic flowing your way at the show.
- How to design a simple follow-up strategy to implement after the show.
- Seven common trade show mistakes to avoid.
- What to take with you to a trade show.
- How to choose the booth best placement at a trade show.
- How the cost of union labor influences trade show booth design.
- A detailed virtual tour of booths at the NY NOW show.
The cherry on top? I’m including my Expert Interview with Kristen Ley of Thimblepress. She’s a stationery goddess who has rapidly grown her brand over the last few years, and she’s taking us behind the scenes for a peek at how she builds buzz in advance of her trade shows.
BUILD AN EFFECTIVE WHOLESALE PROGRAM ON YOUR OWN SCHEDULE+
As an “on demand” independent-study class, you’ll enjoy 24/7 access to a series of information-rich video trainings, each singularly focused on a critical building block of success. Every module is accompanied by a packet of curriculum support materials, including resource lists, sample scripts, and worksheets designed to put the information into immediate action.
LBU: Advanced is the exact curriculum that’s helped more than 450 makers move their brands forward through my LBU Live program. Now you can enjoy infinite access to these comprehensive teachings on your own schedule and at your own pace.
In sixty seconds or less, you’ll unleash all this goodness…
- Module 4-6 of the LBU curriculum: The full teachings, delivered in
as much depth as the live version. That’s 16+ hours of professionally
produced video lessons.
- Three Expert Interviews: Enjoy insightful advice and direct-from-the trenches tales from wholesale professionals and inspiring brand owners.
- A library of LBU handouts: 45+ workbooks, resource lists, and exercises to help tailor to these strategies to your specific brand.
LBU teaches you how to sharpen your hustle by providing the tools and support you need to build a sustainable creative brand. The result? Laser focus. More forward momentum. And a blueprint built especially for your business. Are you ready to dive in? Add LBU On Demand to your entrepreneurial tool box, and I’ll slide you the keys to my wholesale kingdom within minutes.
And the best part? You’ll enjoy infinite access, too, so you can return to your wholesale toolbox again and again.