That lump in your throat.
You know it all too well, don’t you?
You’re confident in the beauty of the things you create.
You know how much they’re worth.
But you’ve been charging too little for too long. Working damn hard but not clearing the kind of profits needed to make your creative business sustainable. The next move needs to be a price adjustment.
Ah, but then there’s that lump.
There’s an art to announcing a price increase and the way that you position this critical communication will make all the difference in the way that it’s perceived.
And yet there’s the persistent frustration as you struggle with the best way to share the news with your customers. The right words (and your courage) seem elusive.
I’ve been there, sister. Truly. But if those prices need to move north to keep your business on solid footing, then every day that you don’t make a price adjustment is another day of missed opportunity and increased financial vulnerability.
It’s time to drag those Big Girl Panties out of the drawer, summon your courage, and get the pricing needle where it ultimately needs to be.
What if you knew precisely how to time the announcement of a price increase?
What if you had the confidence to proclaim it loud and proud?
What if you could frame the announcement in a way that actually felt like a win for your customers and collaborators?
What if you could inform your customers of a price increase in a way that makes you want to toast it with champagne, rather than drown it in tequila?
I pinkie-promise that it’s possible! I’ve been a maker-in-the-trenches for almost 15 years and I’ve weathered more than a few price increases through my own apothecary brand. But I truly had no idea how gut-wrenching and intimidating this process is for others until I began coaching makers and product designers through Lucky Break. While teaching my very first class, it became readily apparent how many of us know that a price increase is inevitable, but we’re paralyzed by fear and hesitant to pull the trigger.
That’s precisely why I created this workshop: to reconnect you with your cojones and slip the tools you need to get this thing done right into those capable hands of yours. I’ve had the honor of coaching a few hundred brands through the process of raising prices over the years and I’d love to make this process a painless one for you, too.
Reserve this workshop and I’ll instantly beam all of this guidance to your inbox:
- How wholesale and retail price increase announcements differ.
- The difference between a price increase and a brand repositioning.
- How to time the release of the announcement.
- The essential steps you must take before raising prices.
- My tips for framing the news as a win for your customers.
- A step-by-step action plan for sharing the news with wholesale partners.
- Strategies for retaining your most important customers through this transition.
- What to do immediately after the announcement is made.
- Why raising prices incrementally is a fantastically bad idea.
- Guidance on how often you should be reviewing costs and raising prices.
- My “cut and paste” price increase announcement blueprint.
- Examples of my price increase announcement template in action.
You can do this, and I’ve got your back!
This project is available as an instantly-downloadable asset within the Think Tank, my mastermind program for serious brands-on-the-move. Offered individually, this project is $60, but VIP Think Tank members enjoy…
- A vault filled with dozens of smart business tools (including this project).
- Regular Q+A calls with me, where no business question is off limits.
- Access to a supportive community of product-based business owners who share resources on a daily basis.
- Preferential pricing on every product, service, and software offered by Lucky Break. Save 15% anytime you tag Team LB into the ring to help!
For a minimal investment beyond the cost of this one project, you’ll enjoy access to a few dozen information-rich, actionable workshops I designed especially for product-based brands. Membership in the Think Tank is secured on a monthly basis and you can cancel at any time. We’ve made it blissfully simple (and deliciously affordable) to enjoy the business support you need to grow your brand. We’d be honored to have you join us, and you’ll be able to instantly access my Raising Prices Without Tears or Tequila project!